Note Name Mode Tutorial
In addition to learning the location of scales on the guitar it is important to know Music Theory by note names. Super Scale Trainer provides Note Name mode especially for this purpose.
1. Log into GuitarGames.net and open Super Scale Trainer. Choose the “Basic” mode of play.
2. Choose “Note Names” for your instrument view.
3. Choose “Game Mode” and “Octave”,
4. Do not select Songs.
5. Select “A” as the root and “Major” for the scale. (In real play pick more than one scale / root.)
6. Click “Start” and the game screen comes up.
7. Click on “A” and it will light up.
8. Select the remaining notes in “A major”. (B C# D E F# G#)
9. A message should come up congratulating you on your expertise. In regular play another scale should come up, but since we only chose “A major”, it comes up again.
10. Have fun!